Just like conventional carpets, your Oriental and Specialty Rugs can take a lot of action including constant foot traffic, dirt, spills, sand and other materials and require special care.
Considering what these rugs endure, most are remarkably resilient.
Just like conventional carpets, your oriental and specialty rugs need professional cleaning and treatments regularly. In general it is recommended that these rugs be professionally cleaned every two to four years.
MAXIM is IICRC certified and trained in the proper care, cleaning and treatment of Oriental and Specialty Rugs so you can be assured your lovely pieces will be cared for according to industry guidelines and standards. See for yourself the full extent of how your rug or rugs will be assessed, cleaned and treated].
If you take proper care of your rug you will prolong its life and appearance. MAXIM has developed maintenance tips and recommendations you can use to care for your rugs]. In fact, Oriental and Specialty Rugs can increase in value with age, proper care and regular cleaning. Together, MAXIM can help you to ensure that your rug investments will provide many years of enjoyment and maintain their original look and feel longer.
- Pre-inspection & identification
- Vacuuming - Up/Top Side & Down/Bottom Side
- Pre-conditioning Soilage
- Spot and Stain Treatments
- Mildew Sanitization & Control
- Anti-microbial Sanitizing & Deodorizing
- Pest Elimination & Control
- Heavy Soilage & Restorative Dip Bath
- Wet or Dry Cleaning
- Water Damage Restoration
- Rotate your rug(s) at least once a year to prevent uneven wear from high traffic areas
- Avoid direct sunlight on your rugs whenever possible
- Be sure your rug has good quality padding to protect it from dirt, wear and slippage.
- Vacuum your rug regularly to remove loose soil
- Vacuum the rug in the direction of the nap
- Never catch the fringes in the vacuum or the rug can be ruined
- If you must vacuum fringe and edges take special care to be gentle
- NEVER put a house plant on a rug, no matter how careful you are - Moisture can penetrate the rug and cause mildew and other damage
- Mop up spills QUICKLY by blotting with a paper towel or white cloth. Avoid allowing spill to soak the unaffected areas of the rug
- Do not use steam cleaners or chemicals (spot removers) on your rug - These machines can turn removable spots into permanent stains, bring about aging of the rug by removing the wool's natural oils, damage silk if present, shrink cotton and other hidden construction threads, fringe or knots or cause a number of other damaging results
- If spills have already dried or remain after blotting, call MAXIM to arrange an evaluation and to have your rugs cleaned professionally
- Always read and comply with the manufacturer's recommended cleaning methods in order to prevent warranty invalidation and damage to your rug
- Some throw rugs, especially bathroom rugs, can be washed in your home laundry
Invite MAXIM to professionally clean your Oriental and Specialty Rugs so you can continue to enjoy their beauty and warmth for years to come