You love the look and feel of your carpet. And you love the way the color complements the furnishings in your rooms. So, how do you protect your carpet and keep it looking like new for years to come? The Institute of Inspections, Cleaning and Restoration Certifications (IICRC) and MAXIM offer the following tips to prolong the beauty and life of your carpet:
- Do not invite dirt in
- Keep outdoor walkways and entries clean
- Sweep, blow, vacuum or rinse soil away often from entries into your home or business
- Keep dirt from being tracked in
- Use walk-off mats or rugs at all entrances
- Vacuum regularly
- Regular vacuuming can remove 75% to 85% of dry soil
- Twice weekly is best in high traffic areas
- Weekly at a minimum in all other areas
- Use high quality equipment and high efficiency filter bags
- Replace bags when 2/3 full to maintain adequate vacuum power
- Gently blot spills with a clean white cloth
- Avoid rubbing which can damage carpet fibers
- Continue blotting until spill is removed or no color transfers to the blot cloth
- Have your carpet professionally cleaned annually according to industry recommendations
- Carpet manufacturers’ warranties require professional cleaning within the first 12 to 18 months to maintain your warranty
- The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, Restoration & Certification (IICRC)recommends that carpet be cleaned annually
- The IICRC recommends hiring an IICRC-Certified professional and an IICRC Certified Firm to clean your carpet
- Certified firms and technicians adhere to the IICRC S-100 Carpet Cleaning Standards and recommended cleaning procedures — Their knowledge is your power. Learn more about MAXIM’s 7 Step Cleaning Process.
- Visit the IICRC WEB site at www.iicrc.org
- MAXIM is an IICRC Firm and all its technicians are IICRC Certified
WORDS OF CAUTION: Some over the counter spot lifters, cleaners, disinfectants and solutions that are supposed to address “pet memories” (urine, feces, vomit, fur balls, etc.) may cause discoloration of carpet or textile furnishings. They may even change the cleanable “spot” into a permanent “stain”. Learn more about forgotten spills, spots and stains by clicking here.
Mention this article and receive a FREE complimentary bottle of MAXIM’s HomePRO carpet and upholstery spot lifter. It’s the safest, gentlest and most effective product you can use with trust and confidence. MAXIM offers professional, affordable carpet cleaning services throughout the Omaha area.