Area Rug Cleaning
Oriental and specialty rugs add style, comfort, beauty and distinction to any home. They come in many shapes, sizes, styles and weaves. They may be handmade Chinese, hand-knotted Tribal, Tibetan, Indian, or Persian, to name just a few. These rugs might be constructed of wool, silk, cotton, synthetics and more. They may be permanently dyed, vegetable dyed, tea washed or colored by some other process.
Just like conventional carpets, your Oriental and specialty rugs can take a lot of action, including constant foot traffic, dirt, spills, sand and more. All this traffic, in addition to the special materials these rugs are made of, means that they often require special care and professional rug cleaning.
Just like conventional carpets, your Oriental and specialty rugs need professional cleaning and treatments regularly to maintain their beauty and resiliency. In general, it is recommended to get professional rug cleaning every two to four years.
Certified Specialty & Area Rug Cleaning in Omaha
MAXIM Cleaning & Restoration is IICRC certified and trained in the proper care, cleaning and treatment of Oriental and specialty rugs, so you can be assured your lovely pieces will be cared for according to industry guidelines and standards with our rug cleaning services. See for yourself the full extent of how your rug will be assessed, cleaned and treated by our experienced team.
If you take proper care of your rug, you can prolong its life and appearance. MAXIM has developed maintenance tips and recommendations you can use to care for your rugs in between occasional professional rug cleaning. In fact, Oriental and specialty rugs can increase in value with age, proper care and regular cleaning. MAXIM can help you to ensure that your rug investments will provide many years of enjoyment and maintain their original look and feel.
Our Area Rug Cleaning Process
MAXIM’s Oriental and Specialty Rug inspection and available rug cleaning processes:
- Pre-inspection & Identification
- Vacuuming – Up/Top Side & Down/Bottom Side
- Pre-conditioning Soil
- Spot and Stain Treatments
- Mildew Sanitization & Control
- Anti-microbial Sanitizing & Deodorizing
- Pest Elimination & Control
- Heavy Soil & Restorative Dip Bath
- Wet or Dry Cleaning
- Water Damage Restoration
Area Rug Maintenance Tips
MAXIM’s maintenance tips and recommendations that help you care for your Oriental and Specialty Rugs:
- Rotate your rug(s) at least once a year to prevent uneven wear from high traffic areas
- Avoid direct sunlight on your rugs whenever possible
- Be sure your rug has good quality padding to protect it from dirt, wear and slippage.
- Vacuum your rug regularly to remove loose soil
- Vacuum the rug in the direction of the nap
- Never catch the fringes in the vacuum or the rug can be ruined
- If you must vacuum fringe and edges take special care to be gentle
- NEVER put a house plant on a rug, no matter how careful you are – Moisture can penetrate the rug and cause mildew and other damage
- Mop up spills QUICKLY by blotting with a paper towel or white cloth. Avoid allowing spill to soak the unaffected areas of the rug
- Do not use steam cleaners or chemicals (spot removers) on your rug – These machines can turn removable spots into permanent stains, bring about aging of the rug by removing the wool’s natural oils, damage silk if present, shrink cotton and other hidden construction threads, fringe or knots or cause a number of other damaging results
- If spills have already dried or remain after blotting, call MAXIM to arrange an evaluation and to have your rugs cleaned professionally
- Always read and comply with the manufacturer’s recommended cleaning methods in order to prevent warranty invalidation and damage to your rug
- Some throw rugs, especially bathroom rugs, can be washed in your home laundry
Contact MAXIM for Professional Area Rug Cleaning
MAXIM can provide professional rug cleaning for Oriental and Specialty Rugs so you can continue to enjoy their beauty and warmth for years to come. Call us today at (402) 807-5733 in the Omaha area for more information.